Episode 9, ‘Let’s keep comparing Nicolas Cage to Samuel L. Jackson’, Actor Profile: Nicolas Cage
In this episode Dave and Steven go on a scattershot journey through the insane career of actor and legend Nicolas Cage.
- Intro Clip: The Wicker Man
- Dave and Steve both mess up what The Family Man is a derivation/remake of: it is neither Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol nor the Louis Armstrong song What A Wonderful World
- The Official Biography of Nicolas Kim Coppola
- Genius or Madman?: The development of the Nicolas Cage persona
- What is the best part of a Nicolas Cage film?
- Steven gets into far too much detail about how he feels about Nicolas Cage’s body
- Ethan Hawke on Nicolas Cage: He’s the only actor since Marlon Brando that’s actually done anything new with the art of acting; he’s successfully taken us away from an obsession with naturalism into a kind of presentation style of acting that I imagine was popular with the old troubadours.”
- The main difference between Nicolas Cage and Samuel L. Jackson
- What is the greatest film Nicolas Cage has been in?
- The source of his power…?
- There has never been a Nicolas Cage version of The McConaissance, but that is intentional.
Potentially Unexpected Spoilers:
- Cabin in the Woods
- John Travolta
- Samuel L. Jackson
- Danny Glover
- George Clooney
- Matthew McConaughey