Episode 67, ‘The Moneyball of war movies’, on War movies
While The Style Guide is still technically on hiatus, it returns for yet another week. This time, Dave and Steve talk about what makes a modern war movie.
- Intro Clip: Band of Brothers – Currahee 01×01
- Steve makes an embarrassing mistake.
- Despite the fact that Dave and Steve are regularly recording One Offs, does anyone else get the impression that they are really out of practice at this whole podcasting thing?
- Dave and Steve are good at history.
- Platoon would have been a very different movie with Tom Bergeron, best known for his role as the host of America’s Funniest Home Videos.
- Dave does a callback to what must be the most popular episode of The Style Guide, the actor profile of Jodie Foster.
- It’s “losing Privates Ryan”, Dave. Like Surgeons General or iPads Pro.
- iPad Pros sounds funny when you say it out loud.
- Dave really wants to talk about Braveheart.
- Steve and Dave have a radical take on The Sound of Music.
- Dave likes being lied to.
- Dave snickers at the idea of a fire near Steve’s house.
- Dave is a master of smooth transitions.
- Dave courageously said “no” to
drugsBand of Brothers.
- Is Steve doing a product placement for CraveTV?
- Dave and Steve think boot camp is a waste of time.
- If you like Dave, war films, or improvisational theatre, Paper Street Theatre is in the Victoria Fringe with WAR: Improv Is Hell. And tickets are still available.