Episode 62, ‘They’re not acting, they’re talking’, on Aaron Sorkin
This week, Dave and Steve depart from what has become their standard fare of making people angry by
having opinions being wrong about Disney, and delve into a topic that is never even remotely contentious: politics. That’s right, Aaron Sorkin is getting The Style Guide treatment. It’s kind of like that time he gave Walter Isaacson’s Steve Jobs the Sorkin treatment, but with 80% less Michael Fassbender. You can’t tell because it’s just audio, but Dave and Steve are walking and talking in the hallways of the West Wing for the entirety of this episode.
- Intro Clip: A Few Good Men.
- Dave and Steve ended last week on a lie that is only now being realized as such. The Editor feels just as betrayed as you all do.
- Steve is super enthusiastic to start the episode off and it is okay to admit that it makes you rather uncomfortable.
- Dave assumes that the audience remains excited for The Style Guide, even after he and Steve trampled all over people’s childhoods with the series on Disney.
- This episode brought to you in part by the Aaron Sorkin – Masterclass… and viewers like you.
- Wikipedia disagrees with Dave (but only until he reads the shownotes and edits it).
- Maybe Steve just has no idea how to pronounce anyone’s names.
- Yes, Dave. The West Wing became a much more “grammatic” show.
- Josh doesn’t quit, you guys. He’s on a leave of absence from his White House duties, similar to the leave Annabeth Schott goes on in Season 6. And Sam doesn’t go to Mandyville, because he shows up at the end of Season 7 and the show firmly establishes that he went back to practicing law. Amateurs.
- You, constant listeners, will never have to hear Steve’s ill-advised tangent about the dangers of cocaine, because the Editor has saved you from it. You’re welcome.
- Steve shows that he clearly isn’t a real Firefly fan.
- “Just” an assistant, Dave?
- The baby has a name, you two. He’s more than just his age.
- A cricket bat isn’t a theme, Steve.
- Someone mentions Aristotle in this episode and we are all shocked to discover that it isn’t Steve.
- To end the episode, Dave and Steve wander into dangerous territory.
- Heh. “Sexytimes”.