Just in time for the new season of Riverdale that starts on Wednesday, this week’s One Off goes back to Season 1, Episode 7, ‘In A Lonely Place’. Listen along as Steve and Dave share uninformed opinions about popular teen dramas from the 00s. Also of note: nobody uses the term “on fleek”.
According to Netflix’s summary, this week’s episode is as follows: “Amid harsh rumors about Polly, Alice goes public with family secrets, making Betty and Cheryl uneasy allies. Jughead helps his dad reclaim his life.”
- ‘In A Lonely Place’ is available on Netflix and iTunes.
- As usual, Dave and Steve avoid recapping/deconstructing the episode, but if that’s your thing, Mikey Neumann and Jon Risinger’s Cry Me A Riverdale might be your jam.
- Does anyone else think the Riverdale theme song reminds them of Friday Night Lights?
- Steve appalled that people like things that he doesn’t like.
- As usual, your hosts have their finger on the pulse with their discussion of milk caps.
- Dave, as it turns out, is either remembering his bubble gum comic history correctly or has stumbled onto a delightful coincidence.
- “It’s not real life… It’s high school.”
- Do your research, guys: The O.C. was on Fox and Riverdale is on the CW; Warner Bros. is the one of the production companies for both.
- Steve seems like more of a Dawson’s Creek kind of guy.
- If you were thinking about catching the Scream movies any time soon, you might want to skip this episode because Dave and Steve spoil the first one. Granted, it’s a spoiler that is old enough to vote in Singapore.
- Dave and Steve are old men yelling at clouds.
- Endings. How do they work?