Episode 26, ‘Darth Villain’, on The Force Awakens
Dave and Steve go back… not to the future, but to Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Be warned, while there are of course spoilers for the movie, they spend a lot of time talking about the idea of the movie rather than the movie itself. Very meta.
- Intro Clip: Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Steve talks abut the weather, because nothing is more enthralling.
- Dave offends our vast American contingent of listeners.
- Dave offers a spoiler warning an entire episode too late.
- What’s the difference between a spoiled apple and a spoiled movie?
- Dave takes media consumption to the extreme.
- Dave shares his Commode Story in which he expresses concern about a young man’s cinematic experiences.
- Is Steve starting to sound like a conspiracy theory nut? And not the fun Lone Gunmen kind. More like the lame Mel Gibson kind.
- As usual, Dave hates the Coen Brothers masterpiece Ladykillers.
- In an attempt to seem hip, Steve makes a Seinfeld reference that may be entirely fictional.
- Star Wars brings us together like Richard Nixon.
- To clarify, Steve says “Twilight too” not “Twilight 2”. He is well aware the that the sequel to Twilight is New Moon.
- Apropos of something, here is a link to a few thoughts on harm versus offense.
- Again, Steven brings up his desire for his own BB-8.
- Dave is a pretty reasonable person.
- Steve gives a terrible account of Deadpool the character.
- Steve gets emotional.
- Would a rose by any other name still play Dungeons and Dragons?
- Steve blatantly rips off Guy English’s take on Star Wars from The Talk Show Holiday Spectacular.
- Steve fondly imagines children bullying each other on a school playground. And so the apprentice becomes the master.
- Dave writes a love letter to JJ Abram’s love letter.
- Dave thinks he’s better than the last surviving Jedi. Sure, whatever Dave.
- How cool is Steven?
- Dave comes up with some terrible titles for Episode VIII.